TIA: Call for Applications under Natural Resources
waste sector desk,
water sector desk
The Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) an entity of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) was established in terms of the TIA Act, 2008 (Act No. 26 of 2008), with the objective to stimulate, intensify and exploit technological innovation to improve economic growth and the quality of life of all South Africans.
TIA is calling for the submission of funding applications for projects in the Natural Resources business unit, focusing primarily on these sectors:
- Waste sector: e-Waste and Waste beneficiation
- Water sector: Acid Mine Drainage (AMD), Water purification, water saving and repairing water leakages.
Technology innovators that are eligible to apply are:
- Start-up companies
- Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs)
- Private Individuals
- Science Councils (SCs)
The application must meet the following criteria:
- Product, service or process development must be based on a technology innovation and cover the sectors and subsector articulated above that are not already covered by existing Intellectual Property Rights, patens and Trade Marks.
- Demonstrate a viable, feasible and sustainable business case.
- Demonstrate a positive socio-economic impact.
- Have a proof of concept (an idea that has been proven, validated and tested).
To find out more information, click here.
Applications close on 30th September 2018 and must be submitted via this portal