GreenCape is recruiting a Water Sector Analyst
Mar 20, 2020
water sector desk,
GreenCape is recruiting a new Water Sector Analyst
Responsibilities will include:
Market research and data collection
- Meticulous data management.
- Develop relationships to access data
Market Intelligence Report
- Effective report writing.
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection and collation.
- Ability to engage with industry (networking).
- Understanding water and sanitation market.
- Analyse and develop market opportunities.
- Understand water and sanitation policy in South Africa.
Support water projects as a sector expert
- Engage stakeholders on appropriate interventions to improve water efficiency and resilience to climate shocks
- Promote market opportunities through the development of viable business cases for investment in the water and sanitation sector
A successful candidate for the position of Water Sector Analyst will:
- Through a combination of studies (preferably at Masters level in engineering, science business, economics, finance) and/ or relevant work experience, have acquired knowledge and experience of the water sector, business development and/or green technologies;
- Be able to confidently initiate and foster productive, professional relationships with a large variety of stakeholders, including business, investors and government;
- Have the ability to work as an individual as well as in a team;
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements;
- Possess a valid SA driver’s licence
Contract length and remuneration
The position is available initially as a contract until 31 March 2021. The contract will then be converted to a 3-year contract subject to performance and the availability of funding for ongoing or related work.
Remuneration will be between market-related, with recognition that GreenCape is a not-for profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions). Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account. Employment equity will be a consideration in the selection of candidates.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Water Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Close of Business Thursday 2 April 2020. Interviews will be held in April 2020 (these may be conducted remotely).
Download the full job description here.