GreenCape is recruiting a green economy intern
Jul 17, 2019
GreenCape is hiring!
The GreenCape Intern Program
The goal of GreenCape’s intern programme is to offer an opportunity to a young graduate to learn and gain experience in the green economy.
The intern will be working closely with the Chief Strategy Officer at GreenCape and will thus be exposed to a broad spectrum of work across the GreenEconomy.
The intern will be providing support in the development of project proposals, and will be required to assist in development of project proposals across water, waste and energy.
Duration of contract: 6 months from date of appointment.
Remuneration: equivalent to R120 000 per year (i.e. R 10 000 per month) and a contribution to medical aid.
- No prior experience is required for this role, but candidate must have strong interest in a career in the green economy
- Team player
- Interest in green economy
- Proactivity and confidence in own initiatives
- Time management and upward management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Quantitative data collection and management ability
- Interest in sustainable market trends
- Networking ability
- Postgraduate degree in a field relevant to the green economy
Applications must include:
- A short video clip (under 5 minutes) introducing yourself, explaining why you are interested in the green economy and why you are a good candidate for this opportunity
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Academic transcripts
- South African citizenship status/work permit status
- The names of at least three referees, clearly indicating the relationship to the applicant, and contact details (telephone number and email).
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Chief Strategy Officer at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Monday 5 August 2019.
The candidate is to start as soon as available.
Download the full internship advert here.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. Should applicants not hear further from GreenCape within one month of the application deadline, please accept that the application was unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to these positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.