GreenCape is recruiting a Circular Economy intern!
Aug 7, 2020
waste sector desk,
GreenCape is hiring! We are looking to recruit an intern for our Circular Economy Programme.
GreenCape’s five-year strategy aims to be globally relevant in driving the uptake of green economy infrastructure solutions in the developing world context. As such, GreenCape is expecting to double in size in the next five years and will be growing its staff complement.
Circular Economy Programme
Broadly speaking a circular economy is an economic system that seeks to eliminate waste and pollution, keep products and materials in circulation, and regenerate natural systems. GreenCape recognises the traction circularity economy gained as a concept. As a leading organisation supporting the development of the green economy, GreenCape is adding to its capacity to deliver on circular economy projects.
The Circular Economy Intern will be working closely with GreenCape’s Circular Economy Programme Manager and will thus be exposed to a broad spectrum of circular economy related work. The intern’s primary role is to support the Circular Economy Programme in delivering key project deliverables and supporting its obligations with strategic partners. The intern will be supported by GreenCape’s Circular Economy Programme team.
The intern’s core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Stakeholder identification
- Stakeholder engagement
- Mapping of key stakeholders
- Supporting event coordination
- Managing databases
- Updating weekly insights
- Participating in weekly team meetings
- Reviewing internal documents or assisting with preparing documents for funders
To find out more about the position, and how to apply, download the full job description.
Please note that applications close at 9h00, Monday, 24 August 2020.
Applications must include:
- A video clip (under 2 minutes) introducing yourself, why you are interested in the green economy, or specifically the circular economy and why you are a good candidate for this opportunity.
- A letter of motivation.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit).
- Names of two referees, the relationship to the applicant, and contact details (telephone and email).
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be required to take part in a virtual interview between the week of 01 – 04 September 2020. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 30 September 2020 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Please note, GreenCape reserves the right not to appoint this position. Furthermore, it also reserves the right to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.