City of Cape Town releases draft Resilience Strategy for public comment
May 20, 2019
100 Resilient Cities,
Resilient Cape Town
The City of Cape Town has released a draft Resilience Strategy which is now available for public comment. It aims to strengthen the city against sudden potential shocks in future, from storms and heat waves, to cyber-attacks, global financial crises and other unforeseen challenges.
The strategy is based on five pillars with 20 goals and 65 actions:
- A compassionate, holistically-healthy city;
- a connected, climate-adaptive city;
- a capable, job-creating city;
- a collectively, shock-ready city and;
- a collaborative, forward-thinking city.
The draft strategy is available here: https://lnkd.in/gWfei-z